Case Number: 720/11/2018.
Today EFF opened a real criminal case against Pravin Gordhan, not some civil claims he wrongly went to report at the police station. The case number on the case EFF opened against #PravinGordhan#PravinMustFall:
Accused No 1 is hereby charged with the following offences:
CHARGE 1: Contravention of the INTELLIGENCE ACT, in that:
1. Between 1999 and 2014, he formed or participated in the formation of an unauthorised and unlawful intelligence gathering unit of SARS (also known as the rogue unit);
2. He, knowingly, caused the said rogue unit to spy on taxpayers, politicians belonging to the ruling party and other political parties, businesspersons and other citizens.
CHARGE 2: Contravention of the PREVENTION AND COMBATING OF CORRUPT ACTIVITIES ACT, in that:
3. He participated in state capture as a member of Cabinet;
4. He failed to report corrupt activities when he ought reasonably to have done so.
CHARGE 3: RACKETEERING and/or MONEY LAUNDERING, in that:
5. With corrupt intent, he opened and operated an unlawful foreign bank account held in Canada. Royal Bank of Canada, Shebrook in Montreal, Account Number 585425-91 and the account holder R Jamandas Gordhan and account balance is $48 756 292.
6. He ordered various taxpayers to deposit large amounts of money into the said account in exchange for favours, which were to the detriment of the fiscus and the South African public. The account number is as follows: Royal Bank of Canada, Shebrook in Montreal, Account Number 585425-91 and the account holder R Jamandas Gordhan and account balance is $48 756 292.
Issued by Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF)